Job: Program leader
Several part-time/seasonal positions
EXPLORUM is looking for program leaders to deliver hands-on science experiments and DIY'Art workshops to 5 to 12 year-old children during school, after school and during school holidays in different locations throughout the GTA.
We are not looking for a Masters in Education or a PhD in Sciences or in Art, simply someone who likes children, who wants to see them marvel at the wonders of a chemical reaction, a physical phenomenon or the beauty of a colour combination!
- Explain the concepts in a clear and interesting manner for kids
- Guide the children through the workshops, explain the steps, the results, and relate the experiment to real life
- Report on how the workshop was received and offer suggestions for improvement
- Fluent in French, basic knowledge of English
- Very patient and communicates well with children
- Can work with groups of 12 to 20 5-12 year-olds
- Outgoing, energetic, and fun but professional
- Able to carry boxes weighing up to 5 kg
- Possesses a valid Vulnerable Sector police screening
- First Aid certification is an asset
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
A training session explaining the workshops and EXPLORUM's philosophy will be provided prior to the start of employment
EXPLORUM delivers fun, entertaining, and educational extracurricular science and DIY'Arts programs to children who speak or are learning French. Programs consist of hands-on activities that children carry out themselves. Experiment may include making slime, building cars, studying the properties of magnets, simulating lungs, constructing a catapult and much more. DIY'Arts could include making decorative mobiles, useful, yet beautiful items, toys and more.
If you meet these requirements and are interested spending a few hours a week with francophone children, please send a copy of your résumé to [email protected] stating how you will benefit the organisation and what you hope to learn from this opportunity.