Job: Program leader
Several part-time/seasonal positions
EXPLORUM is looking for several program leaders to deliver hands-on science workshops (experiments) to 5 to 12 year-old children in different locations after school and during school holidays in different locations throughout the GTA.
- Explain the scientific concepts in a clear and interesting manner for kids
- Guide the children through the experiment, explain the steps, the results, and relate the experiment to real life
- Report on how the experiment was received and offer suggestions for improvement
- Fluent in French, basic knowledge of English
- Very patient and communicates well with children
- Can work with groups of 12 to 20 5-12 year-olds
- Outgoing, energetic, and fun but professional
- Able to carry boxes weighing up to 20 kg
- Possesses a valid Vulnerable Sector police screening
- First Aid certification is an asset
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
A training session explaining the experiments and EXPLORUM's philosophy will be provided prior to the start of employment
EXPLORUM delivers fun, entertaining, and educational extracurricular science programs to children who speak or are learning French. Programs consist of hands-on experiments that children carry out themselves. Experiment may include making slime, building cars, studying the properties of magnets, simulating lungs, constructing a catapult and much more. Visit www.explorum.ca/workshops/ for example of experiments.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in working for EXPLORUM, please send a copy of your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org stating how you will benefit the organisation and what you hope to learn from this opportunity.