Position: Camp Monitor
Several seasonal / part-time and full-time positions
EXPLORUM is looking for facilitators of scientific experiments and artistic crafts for groups of children aged 5 to 12 after school and during school holidays in schools / daycare centers located in the Greater Toronto.
We are not looking for a Masters in Education or a Doctorate in Science or Art, just someone who loves children, who wants to see them marvel at a chemical reaction, a physical phenomenon, a piece of art or a drawing. that they would have created.
- Explain scientific and artistic concepts in a way that is clear and interesting for children
- Guide the children to do the workshop and understand the steps, results and relationships of the experience in their daily lives.
- Share your impressions of how the experience went and suggest improvements if needed
- Very good command of the French language, knowledge of English
- Patient and good communicator with children
- Group work of 8 to 15 children from 5 to 12 years old
- Dynamic, pleasant and professional personality
- Can carry boxes that weigh up to 5 kg
- Has a criminal record check certificate
- First aid/CPR certificate an asset
- Access to a vehicle an asset
A training session is offered before the start of employment to explain the workshops and the philosophy of EXPLORUM
EXPLORUM offers fun and dynamic science and arts and crafts programs in French to children who are French-speaking or learning French. The programs consist of a series of hands-on workshops that the children do individually. In Science, they could, among other things, make glue, build cars, study the properties of magnets, simulate lungs, build a catapult and more. In Bricol'Art, they will be able to make artistic mobiles, utilitarian items, such as bowls or decorative plates.
If you have what it takes, and would like to spend a few hours a week with French-speaking children (or almost), please send your CV to [email protected] indicating how you think your application will benefit EXPLORUM and what you hope learn by accepting this position.